Love. Two simple words that make the world go ’round. Love. No matter what language you say it in, it’s pronounced differently. Love. The fuel that can keep your marriage tank full.
Now, I don’t mean to boast, but I’ve learned a few things along that way. A few things that can help you keep your marriage as strong ours is. So below are some thoughts, gleanings and other tidbits that might have your spouse saying “Hello Nurse!”.
1. Take time everyday to brush your spouse’s hair. It’s really quite lovely.
2. Go to the grocery store together and buy a delicious peach. Then give that peach to the homeless man sitting on the corner.
3. Ignore the previous point. It apparently isn’t very effective.
4. Cook your Love a special meal once a month. Remember to prepare a meal your mate will enjoy, even if it’s disgusting.
5. Pretend to be interested in your spouse’s hobbies by asking them detailed questions that will get them ‘jazzed up’.
6. Music is the language of the soul. Try slipping the soundtrack to “The English Patient” into your lover’s portable CD player before their next jog.
7. Once a week your spouse should get the night off when it comes to meal preparations. Take him/her to the food court of your local mall. Tell them it’s your “second honeymoon”.
8. Get your back waxed. Seriously, that’s just gross.
9. Surprise them with a pregnancy by sabotaging their birth control. Bet they didn’t see that one coming!
10. Come and see “Hot Beans in Love” each Wednesday in April. We guarantee we’ll put the fire back in your loins!