We hope can you join us! Here’s more Ticket and Date information about the show.
Archive for the 'Uncategorized' Category
Thus ends an era. A very brief 5 week era, but an era non the less. Hot Beans in Love has come to an end, but for 5 weeks humankind was treated to rousing renditions of their favorite songs with a sprinkle of comedy, a dash of sass, a smidgen of slightly offensive fun and a generous helpin’ of Hot Beans. It was guaranteed to be Hot n’ spicy, and it was!
Thanks to everyone who made it out during our run. You were all a great audience and Frankie and I had a great time performing for you. We’ve appreciated the kind words about our show, and especially those of you who came back a second time and brought friends.
Below are some pictures of our last show experience. Hope you enjoy them, and that someday in the future Benji and Frankie will make a triumphant return to the stage.
Before the show in the Green Room (that’s fancy for “backstage”)
A groundbreaking self photograph only minutes before show time!
Frankie Beans taking her “medicine” before the show.
Benji primping his ‘stache before the show
Frankie Beans: Triple Threat. Actor, Singer, Pregnant.
Benji singing his “Safe Sexperience” abstinence songs.
Frankie and Benji accepting a 18 min. curtain call.
Death of a Mustache. A moment of silence, please.
Freedom! Ah, so much better, just ask the wife. Also, check out our list of Best Mustaches of All-Time.
Too many people put off something that brings them joy, or fail to see the opportunity to experience joy. They use reasoning like: they haven’t thought about it, don’t have it on their schedule, didn’t know it was coming or they decided to be a putz and stay home to watch Quantum Leap reruns.
Somebody once said “Each regret you die with ends up eating your soul”. I believe that was me. Pretty good, huh? So don’t end up 6 feet under in the “bye bye box” with these regrets chompin’ on your soul.
1. Finding out your spouse is a distant cousin.
2. Stepping on the crack that broke your mother’s back.
3. You never did get those magic posters that you stare at to work.
4. Wasted life savings on Hillary Nutcracker business.
5. Didn’t try hard enough to be pretty.
6. Realized far too late that everyone can tell you’re wearing a toupee.
7. The “Nick & Jessica” tattoo on the small of your back.
8. Discovering that cats don’t always land on their feet.
9. Reading this lame regret list.
10. Failure to see the closing night of the highly reviewed Hot Beans in Love, playing Wednesday, April 30th @ 8pm. (more details that will save your soul from being eaten alive)
Tags: Benjamin Nelson, borat, burt reynolds, clyde lundgren, doctor phill, dr. phill, errol flynn, fame, freddy mercury, hall of fame, hulk hogan, mania, mario brothers, maystache, monopoly, moustache, mr. belvedere, mustache, mustache tattoo, ned flanders, oates, ron burgandy, ron burgundy, simpsons, tattoo, tom selleck, top 10, top ten, weird al, yankovic
The dictionary defines mustache as ” The hair growing on the human upper lip, especially when cultivated and groomed”. But it is so much more than that. It represents power, manliness, fashion and an attitude that screams “Look at this thing on my face!”
As you can see I, Benji Nelson, have been sporting a class A mustache (or moustache as the French would say) for a while now. But the question is why do I choose to grow this pushbroom, soupstrainer, cookieduster, nose neighbor, flavor saver or mouth brow as they call it? The simple answer is that I examined that greatest men on earth, and do you know what they had in common? Yes, that’s right, the famed mustache.
So I would now like to introduce you to my heroes. My Mustache Hall of Fame:
For more information you can visit the American Mustache Institute.
As you are inspired, please add to this list of legendary mustache men. If you have a legendary mustache, let us know, we’ll add you to the list.
Some Native American tribes believed that if their picture was taken it would steal their soul. Most likely they were right. Does that make Laura Birkey the Grimm Reaper? Perhaps, but Frankie and I were willing to take the risk.
We hired Laura to take photos of us on our Honeymoon Day in the North Riverside Mall, and it was a magical experience. If you visit Laura Birkey Photography, you can find some of the photos she took of us. Laura also does fabulous photography for weddings, family and child portraits, parties, events and brises.
So please take a look around. Laura has promised to not steal your soul… at least until she takes your picture.
Over the past 250 years, there have been some great TV theme songs. Songs that sweep you up, and bring you back to the days of yester yore. Some of Frankie and my favorites are Growing Pains, MacGuyver, Dukes of Hazard, Gimme a Break and Family Ties. With Family Ties being king of the crop.
If you are a Family Ties fan like we are, you can get your fill at Family Ties Online. I’ve also posted the lyrics to the theme song below. So what about you? What are your favorite TV theme songs?
Sung by: Johnny Mathis and Deniece Williams
Music by: Tom Scott
Lyrics by: Jeff Barry
I bet we’ve been together for a million years
And I’ll bet we’ll be together for a million more
Oh, it’s like I started breathing on the night we kissed
And I can’t remember what I ever did before
What would we do, baby, without us?
What would we do, baby, without us?
And there ain’t no nothing we can’t love each other through
What would we do, baby, without us?
Love. Two simple words that make the world go ’round. Love. No matter what language you say it in, it’s pronounced differently. Love. The fuel that can keep your marriage tank full.
Now, I don’t mean to boast, but I’ve learned a few things along that way. A few things that can help you keep your marriage as strong ours is. So below are some thoughts, gleanings and other tidbits that might have your spouse saying “Hello Nurse!”.
1. Take time everyday to brush your spouse’s hair. It’s really quite lovely.
2. Go to the grocery store together and buy a delicious peach. Then give that peach to the homeless man sitting on the corner.
3. Ignore the previous point. It apparently isn’t very effective.
4. Cook your Love a special meal once a month. Remember to prepare a meal your mate will enjoy, even if it’s disgusting.
5. Pretend to be interested in your spouse’s hobbies by asking them detailed questions that will get them ‘jazzed up’.
6. Music is the language of the soul. Try slipping the soundtrack to “The English Patient” into your lover’s portable CD player before their next jog.
7. Once a week your spouse should get the night off when it comes to meal preparations. Take him/her to the food court of your local mall. Tell them it’s your “second honeymoon”.
8. Get your back waxed. Seriously, that’s just gross.
9. Surprise them with a pregnancy by sabotaging their birth control. Bet they didn’t see that one coming!
10. Come and see “Hot Beans in Love” each Wednesday in April. We guarantee we’ll put the fire back in your loins!